Subscribe Us

‘He didn’t like what I ate’ at Thanksgiving: Marchand on Panarin’s glove throw

Brad Marchand is among the league’s best at scoring goals and setting up teammates, but his ability to get under his opponent’s skin is unmatched.

On Friday afternoon, he caught his latest victim: Artemi Panarin.

As the clock wound down on a 5-2 New York Rangers victory over the Boston Bruins, a Marchand-Panarin argument from their respective benches reached a tipping point when the Rangers star took his glove off, whipped it across the benches and nailed Marchand in the centre of his chest.

What could Marchand have said to push Panarin over the edge? If you’re taking the Boston winger’s word as gospel, Panarin might’ve taken issue with Marchand’s decision to opt for something other than turkey on his Thanksgiving dinner plate.

“We were just asking each other how Thanksgiving dinner went and he didn’t like what I ate,” said Marchand post-game, cheekily stoking the fire on the situation a day after the American holiday.

Panarin was a catalyst for his team with a goal and an assist, and ultimately had the last laugh. He didn’t speak following the victory, and linemate Ryan Strome chose not to share what was actually said between the two stars.

“No comment, it’ll all come out one day,” said Strome. “I just don’t want to comment, I don’t think it’s my place, I guess we’ll just see what happens.”

Sounds like a war of words that probably ran deeper than a debate over what’s allowed in the stuffing.

Rangers head coach Gerrard Gallant didn’t see the argument happen until both players were thrown out the game, and took the opportunity to throw a compliment, instead of a glove, Marchand’s way when asked about it post-game.

“I have no idea, I’m at the other end of the bench, I have no clue,” said Gallant. “Marchy’s a great player in this league.”

Both players received misconduct penalties after the glove toss took place right in front of a linesman.

Despite the numerous altercations Marchand has caused or involved himself in throughout his 13-year NHL career, he says this was a first.

“That one kind of caught me off guard a little bit,” Marchand said. “I’ve had a lot of things thrown at me but not typically by players.”

Unfortunately for hockey fans, a heated rematch to settle the score isn’t scheduled until April 23 when the Rangers visit the Bruins in Boston.



‘He didn’t like what I ate’ at Thanksgiving: Marchand on Panarin’s glove throw
Source: Pinas Ko Mahal

Mag-post ng isang Komento

0 Mga Komento